We all know that chicken is delicious, but did you know that enjoying your favourite chicken meal can give you some legitimate health claims? Take a look at just five of the health benefits that chicken can offer:
- Rich in Protein: An 85g chicken breast, bone and skin free, contains 27g of protein – approximately half the daily protein intake needed per person. Protein is an important macronutrient that’s essential to building muscle mass as well as playing other vital roles in the body such as breaking down toxins and maintaining structures in the body such as cells and bones.
- Good for the heart: As chicken is naturally low in saturated fat, it’s a good protein option for those who are concerned about their heart health. Saturated fats are known to be a cause of high cholesterol, which has a negative impact on your heart.
- Rich in essential nutrients: Chicken is a great source of selenium, a trace element which is said to fight cancer and is also thought to help fight inflammatory, cardiovascular and neurological diseases. Vitamins B6 and B3 are also found in chicken – the former playing a big role in metabolism, the latter maintaining the health of the body’s cells and having a positive effect on the reduction of heart disease.
- Boosts Metabolism: Eating chicken boosts your metabolism – and that’s not just because it contains Vitamin B6. Lean meats such as chicken help the body’s metabolism to speed up and burn fat quickly because it requires a lot of energy to digest completely.
- Mood enhancer: As a fantastic source of selenium, chicken is a mood boosting food! Studies have reported that a low intake in the mineral selenium is linked to poorer moods.
So the next time you’re feeling a little glum, why not tuck into one of the delicious chicken products from Ready2Go! Cooking chicken and getting benefits from this protein has never been so easy – Ready2Go offers a range of products that are quick and easy to cook, giving you all the benefits without the fuss.